Friday, July 17, 2009

A Reason to Follow Your Heart

There’s this voice in my head.

It doesn’t tell me what’s right or wrong.

It just tells me what to do, more or less.

No. I’m not

A) High
B) Suffering from depression

The voice is just THERE.

It’s there in all of us, I think. It tells us who to be, what to say, who to love.

And yet, it doesn’t tell us the more important things- what to be, how to say, when to love.

Either way, you can’t get rid of it.

The voice, I mean.

Believe me, I’ve tried. Politely asking it to go away. Yelling “SHUT UP!” when my verbal filter that I use for normal conversation goes on strike.

But it still doesn’t LEAVE.

Ok, ok. It doesn’t suck the life out of me. The whole thing is symbiotic. We live in compromise. You win some, you lose some.

In any case, I still don’t like it.

It USES me to say the things it wants to say, and to do the things it wants to do.

But as the years go by, the voice inevitably becomes fainter and fainter. You start to miss it, whether you like it or not.

You start to miss the voice in your head.

And on your deathbed, when it’s too late to matter, you’re bound to find out something about the voice in your head.

Because during all the times you’ve argued and disagreed with it; YOU have failed to realize, that the voice in your head was in fact- your heart.

1 comment:

She Who Eats Cookies said...

The only reason I even consired coming to APL was to force-feed you your medication. :P
haha good job :P