Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Day The World Refused To Stand Still

“I triple-quadruple-dog-DARE you”

“But I could lie to you. I mean, you don’t travel in my bus.”

“Do you know Person X?”

“Yeah, why? She’s in my bus. So?”

“I’ll ask her to keep an eye on you.”

“What? Oh, you sneaky little- FINE. You’re on. Expect disappointment. “

*death glares exchanged*

Wonder what that was? A bet being made. A bet that may change the world as we know it.

Ok, fine. Maybe not the world. Maybe just the bet-er and the bet-ee of this situation.

Dare- Try to fall asleep while on the Bus back home.

Fine. Whatever, meh. =_=

I’M SO SCARED. WOAH!

I stay awake the whole night before D-Day. Or at least for a few hours. See, because I can’t
seem to remember anything after 2:30 am. Either I slept off, or the bet-er has unleashed her legendary evil on me. O_O

I change into my morning dress with a steely glint in my eye. That may or may not have been the reflection off my glasses, but doesn’t “steely glint” sound cool?

It’s time. I crack my knuckles and wait outside my stop. At precisely 7:25 am the bus arrives with a HONK.

OKAY, DRIVER PERSON. I can, in fact, see the BIG YELLOW HUMONGOUS BUS ON MY ROAD, woakay?

I sit in my usual spot with a feeling of achievement and smugness. Pah! This is going to be a breeze.

I mean, come on. Bragging rights for the whole year?

Whoopdeedoodledoo!

The bus starts with a strangely ferocious ROAR. I slowly retreat back into my shell. How did I miss that sound for the past three weeks?

*remembers loud music blasting through headphones*

And we’re off! Ha, why did I even worry? This is so easy. Just. Fall. Asleep.
I close my eyes and am about to drift off thinking about a warm, comfy bed and a good book-

SQUEAL!!!!

"AAAAAAARRRGHH!!!” I wake with a start. No. NO.

THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING.

I look around the bus with a dazed expression.

No way.

OH MY GOD SOME AUTO HAS BLOCKED OUR BUS!

This isn’t physically possible! How can a tiny vehicle with only three wheels block a gigantic bus?!

Our bus pwns your auto, okay?!?!?!?! So get outta the way, foo’!

Ah. It’s moved. Thank you God, you are so so kind, I will never threaten to convert to atheism again-

HONK!!!

Oh sweet mercy what is it now?!?!

At this rate, I’ll never fall asleep. I sneak a glance at Person X. She gives me an evil grin that truly and honestly looks like this.

Yikes. Where are those sleeping pills when you need them?!

And cheh.

I left a dose of Day Blogs at home. :D

Ok, quick time check. 20 minutes more.

Fine. Get drowsy in 2 minutes, and then-

BUMPTY-BUMPTY-BUMPTY-BUMPTY-BUMPTY

Please. Shoot me now.

With a sudden JOLT, I actually end up in mid-air for about a milli-second.
Cool, but hello? Aren’t these seats supposed to be COMFY? What about your aching Gluteus Maximus?!?!?!

Okay. Just close your eyes, and count to 10. I mean, you haven’t slept for at least a quarter of the night.

1-2-3-4-5-6-

BUMPTY-BUMPTY-BUMPTY-BUMPTY-BUMPTY-

What does our government even do with our money?

Oh wait. I know.

They make them into bundles, lay them on the ground under the bitumen, and VOILA!
Your own personal road bump! It’s a win-win situation! This lets our taxes increase EVEN FURTHER!

The wonders of our democracy have finally shown its true colors!

I’m so tired. And sleepy. And wishing my bet-er wasn’t right.

Hey, we’ve reached the coast! A long strip of flat land! HAHAHAHA my bet-er doesn’t know about this bus route-

BUMPTY-BUMPTY-BUMPTY-BUMPTY-BUMPTY

Wow. Are we really paying them so much?

Oh no! I’ve reached my destination!

The bet-er has won!

Person X looks delighted. Crazy, tyrannical-

2 comments:

She Who Eats Cookies said...

Erm.

Anonymouse said...

Look, don't underestimate the bet-er, ok? O_O